Monday, July 11, 2011

Movies & Mixes Monday: Moe Meguro

Hello hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I can't believe it's already been a week since I created this blog!

Today I wanted to focus on the music side of things. Throughout the course of my life, I've met a fair amount of musicians, some of whom got together and played as bands. In my first year of college, I met a guy named Jojo Brandel. Throughout the year, he and his friends in Berkeley were in the process of coming up with songs for an album. I loved sitting and listening to him work out little melodies late at night, and it sometimes inspired me to get creative with my own work, too.

If there's anyone who's dedicated to rock and roll, it's Jojo. Talking to him, you can really tell how passionate he is. He wants to take any extra money and send it to help some local bands from Japan out, since he's going there next year. Jojo's band has created a Kickstarter, and though they met their goal, they're still about $500 short of the money they need to put the album (San Mai Niku) out there. They still have five days left, and I hope you, the readers, take a listen and donate. If you're into Japanese culture, or feel like listening to something different than the normal rock you hear on the radio, this album is for you.

Here's a little snippet to give you an idea of what I'm talking about:




More info can be found at their Kickstarter. Another friend, Cindy Lin, lent her lovely vocals to the album as well, and so I'm writing this for the both of them, even though neither asked me to. I just really want to see this album come to fruition! 

<3 Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type whatever you wish!