Thursday, July 28, 2011

Five Little Facts... About Me!

Hey guys, I just thought now would be a better time than ever to kind of introduce myself a bit more, so here goes!

1. The Little Willow is a name that I've been using for a couple
of years now, initially for my Tumblr and now for other accounts, including this one. It had come to me in a flash of inspiration, and I just liked the way the syllables rolled together. The "Little" part stems from my shortness. Haha. I clock in at just under five feet. Willow is one of my favorite names; if I end up ever having a kid, I would probably name her that! I like how it sounds wistful, delicate, and graceful. The last, and most nerdy, reason I chose Willow was because I happened upon JK Rowling's website when I was utterly obsessed with the Harry Potter books, and found that she chose Ron and Hermione's wand woods based on a celtic tree chart. For my birth date, the assigned wood was willow, and I thought that was fitting because it's my favorite kind of tree as well. So many different reasons, I know! And later on I found out that Paul McCartney, once part of my favorite band, has a song called "Little Willow", about Ringo's beautiful ex-wife, Maureen. Pure coincidence, but I like that my name and that song are linked in an odd way.

2. I love love love making lists. I have a listography but I also write lists on my computer, on papers, in  the margins of books, in notebooks, and all that. I also tend to write lists everywhere I can, mainly of things I need to do but also things I like, things I want to buy, things I want to eventually try, etc. I think it's a good way of getting thoughts out and getting organized, but now that I'm hooked on it, it's almost become the opposite! It's hard to stay organized when you're trying to keep track of five lists at once.



3. I can't get through a day without drinking tea. It makes my morning headaches go away and makes me feel calmer. A good day to me involves drinking tea and crafting with friends!
4. I'm a huge fan of Big Band and Motown. A lot of things that I like tend to be what people call "old-fashioned". Vintage clothing, black-and-white movies, '60s and '70s rock and roll music, etc.
5. Some of my favorite books are fiction, because I like to dream, but I also like classics (because I want to know what the hype's about) and autobiographies (because it's interesting to hear about a person's life through their own eyes).


Just wanted to leave you all with a couple of general pieces about me. :) Today's going to be filled with taking pics, listing, and figuring out how to use Etsy; I may or may not be asking some of you guys for help! It all seems so complicated...

<3 Linda

1 comment:

  1. Love your bangs! So adorable. Thank you for the sweet comment!
    xo, Elsie

    ReplyDelete

Type whatever you wish!