Friday, July 8, 2011

“Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.” - J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter has always been a big part of my life. I've grown up with the books and movies. I initially read a bit, thought it was boring, and put it down. A couple of years later, I picked it up again and was hooked! The books were a crucial part of building my imagination.

The world premiere was held in London yesterday. The most precious part for me was when Emma Watson and J.K. Rowling started tearing up! Unlike most book-to-movie productions, I like that the cast and crew took the time to acknowledge that they wouldn't have been doing anything if it hadn't been for the author. Here's a screencap of the author herself with the trio in the background trio:


One of my guilty pleasures is looking at red carpet photos to see what people wear. My favorite was Evanna Lynch; she looked absolutely gorgeous! I hope she takes on more roles in the future; she's very talented.
Photo Credit: Jon Furniss, WireImage
The stars have matured so well. Although I admit that the movies have some changes that I don't particularly like, I know that the books are far too long to be completely accurate and in accordance with the books. My advice: Don't have too high expectations, and you won't be disappointed. One man's vision (the director's) can't be the same as everyone else's! Just enjoy the movies for what they are.

The advertisements look epic, I cannot wait for the movie! Less than 7 days left! I'm going to a midnight premiere, being the excited little fan that I am. My sister said that she would refuse to go with me if I dressed up in character though... (Not that I was planning to anyway. Of course not. Who would do that? ;))

<3 Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type whatever you wish!