Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Five Little Facts

Hello! This is a new installment that I've been brewing in my mind for a while. It'll pop up every so often on this blog. I'm a huge fan of trivia; my dad and I even used to compete against each other when watching Jeopardy! It's fun to find out odd little pieces of random facts and expand your IQ, so here you go!
  1. Our planet is slowly reaching a population of 7 billion people. In fact, the world's 7 billionth person is projected to be born in October of this year! We'll have to face the consequences and find more sustainable options to accommodate so many people on one planet.
  2. In 1952, Albert Einstein had been offered presidency in Israel, but he declined. Imagine!
  3. Less than 30 percent of the U.S. population is eligible to donate blood! I, myself, am not able to. That's why it's so important for those who are eligible to give blood regularly!
  4. We lose half a liter of water everyday through breathing. I guess that's why we're told to drink 8 glasses of water a day!
  5. I found this one through my Geography class last year: Breathing the air in Mumbai, India, for one day is equivalent to smoking 2.5 packs of cigarettes!
And that's it! Hopefully that'll start up some interesting conversations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type whatever you wish!