Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Stylespiration: Jane Birkin

If you couldn't already tell, I am completely in love with the styles of the '60s and '70s. Anything from the past really captures me in a nostalgic way, despite the fact that I have never experienced that era. (I would have thought that was completely weird if I hadn't met so many people like me in the blogosphere!) But anyway, Jane Birkin is one of my major style inspirations. She was such a free-spirited muse, and I love the contrast she captures with her innocent eyes and not-so-innocent clothing choices. If I could dress like anyone, I would probably choose to raid her closet. I definitely had Ms. Birkin in mind when I got my hair cut!


Here's an idea of what to do if you'd like to take a Birkin-esque spin on your own style... Click here to find out the names and prices for everything! As always, everything is under $50 except for the main piece (in this case, the dress). I'm particularly smitten by those shoe-sock boots... I've never seen anything like it!


If anything is essential to this collection, it's the wicker basket. Never forget the wicker basket! ;)
Sources (top to bottom, L to R): 1,2,3,4,5


<3 Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type whatever you wish!