Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Weekly Positivity!

I couldn't post anything on Sunday because I moved into my dorm this weekend... here's to a year of cramped living! Hurray! (It's really not that bad... for now.) Be prepared for a picture spam soon! In the meantime, let's start this year off right with some weekly positivity, because I have some amazing things to share with you all!

First off, GalaDarling created a Radical Self-Love Manifesto that I think everyone needs to read. I changed the hue to blue and put it up on my wall as a picker-upper. You can find the complete printable version here. Here's a bit from the post, since that poster was taking up the whole page...
"Strive to always be thankful & optimistic. Focus your gaze on what is good & positive; never dwell on the negative. Do not allow life to make you cynical or closed off. Remaining open & true to yourself is a life-long adventure, & the only one worth having."
Great, isn't it? I always find her posts to be thoughtful and inspiring.

For those of you who don't follow cracked.com, please start reading! You're missing out on one of the most important pieces of information on the internet. I recommend you start with this post: "5 Bits of Advice that Don't Make Sense Until It's Too Late". Is it a sign of growing up that I finally began to understand these this year? Maybe. I'm not sure if it fits into the category of "positivity", but it's definitely an interesting read.

I also stumbled across this site called Emotional Bag CheckIf you have something you need to vent, you can write something and get all that weight off your shoulders. But if you're in a good mood, you can also "take" other people's luggage. It's actually a music referring site, where you can anonymously dedicate the song to the person with the problem, which is a pretty novel idea.

And always remember,
<3 Linda




2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your dorm! I always love snooping in peoples' rooms. And I'm definitely going to spend some time on these websites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Anais Nin quote!

    ReplyDelete

Type whatever you wish!